Back in the Bay!
- gone to Madrid (for the umpteenth time– luckily I did not break anything this time around) to explore the Reina Sofía, and to meet some awesome attorneys (waves!)
- eaten authentic paella in Valencia
- spent ten days in Paris, during which I went to a Parisian house party, hit up three major museums (Louvre, Orsay, Centre Pompidou), and ate dozens of macarons and croissants (I kid you not)
- met David Lebovitz at his book signing event on Dec 10 in Paris (insert squeal of happiness here)
- drank over 14 different types of Belgian beers over the course of two days in Bruges, Belgium
- pretended to be in a princess in the Leeds Castle in Kent, England
- celebrated a Spanish new year’s eve (complete with grapes) in London
- …ultimately flying back to the States, where I am currently back in San Francisco. Last semester of law school! Aah! Where has the time gone . . . ??
So there is much to look forward to in this blog. I will slowly filter through my photos from my final two and a half months in Europe and post them as quickly as possible.
Since returning to the states, I have acquired a new camera via my family, who consolidated my birthday and Christmas gifts into one large gift of a Canon Rebel T1i complete with an extra 55-250mm zoom lens, a newer, bigger case (it’s a suitcase unto itself!), a 4-GB memory card . . . I love you, family! You are le best!!
In the meantime, sit tight. I’m working on readjusting to life in America (it’s harder than I thought it would be, and I can often be found miserably sitting in my room lamenting the fact that I have to be back in the U.S. studying yet again . . . ), but I promise, promise, promise that I will be updating much more now.
[ps, the picture above is a lunch I recently made for myself of a lightly fried egg over silken tofu with a little bit of soy sauce, pork sung, and seaweed sprinkled on top. Delicious!]
Filed under: France, Homemade, photography, Spain, Travel | Leave a Comment
Tags: Belgium, Bruges, Canon Rebel T1i with a 55-250 mm zoom lens, David Lebovitz, England, Food, France, fried egg over tofu, Leed's Castle, new year's in London, paella, Paris, spain, Spanish new year celebration with grapes, Valencia