Blueberry Breakfast Cake – courtesy of Purplesque
I am still a good three weeks behind in posting my pictures on this blog. APOLOGIES!
I’ve finally decided to make something that a fellow blogger (Purplesque) baked several weeks ago. I always say that I want to try a recipe that someone else has made, and, sadly, most of the time I haven’t the time (or skill?) to pull it off. Not this time! This time, I pulled it off!
I present, ladies and gentlemen, Jeanne’s Blueberry Breakfast Cake (as based off of Purplesque’s Recipe!):
2/3 cup all purpose flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup oats (I used a mix of instant and regular) – soak briefly in milk or water
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup applesauce
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F and grease a 8×8 cake pan (I used a round one)
- Mix the dry ingredients (minus the blueberries) together, and then mix the liquid ingredients separately.
- Toss the blueberries lightly with a tbsp of the flour mixture (Purplesque’s original recipe had called for a tbsp of cornstarch, which, I suspect, was probably for this task, but flour works just as well).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool before serving
It didn’t come out as well for me as it did for Purplesque, I think, in part, because I used frozen blueberries. I’m going to try this recipe again with fresh ones sometime.
Once I get baking supplies again, that is, since my kitchen is currently sadly lacking in everything except the basic, basic necessities (as in, I have two plates, two cups, two bowls, two sets of mini forks and spoons, etc. Slowly, right?)
Filed under: Homemade, photography, Recipes, Vegetarian | 1 Comment
Tags: baked, baking, blueberry, breakfast, cake, Food, Homemade, photography, purplesque, recipe, sweet